Sunday, October 7, 2012

Another New Blog

I hope I'm not being too arrogant in thinking that what the world needs is another Blog.

This one, however, is unique in that it will blend the views of a Rolfer, CrossFit coach and CrossFit athlete. In the 18 years I've been a Rolfer the world's understanding of the role of fascia in the body has changed dramatically.

When I started Rolfing fascia was not considered at all important. Rolfers make a lifetime study of fascia and are blessed to be a part of a community of like minded/committed individuals who take this study very seriously. I'm talking about Rolfers like: Tom Myers, Eric Dalton, Gil Hedley, Dr. Tom Findley, Jan Sultan, Dr. Robert Schleip and etc. It's the Rolf community that brought the world its first fascial research conference as, which provided a forum to bring together researchers and their work in one place.
Today it seems like everyone is a fascia expert and fascia has become "fascia-nating" as Dr. Schleip says. But very few people are willing to undergo the study/training required to truly become an adept at working with fascia. Rolfers (Structural Integrators) put forth the time and effort.

I'll be writing about fascia and body work as a Rolfer.

CrossFit is very similar to Rolfing in that it was developed by one person, grew with the help of a small group of dedicated practitioners and has been denigrated by the "competition" while at the same time copied by them.

My CrossFit perspective comes as someone who experienced the benefits of CrossFit first hand as an athlete. As a Rolfer who sees the benefits to my Rolfing Clients of CrossFit. And, as a CrossFit Affiliate owner and Coach.

I hope you find this blog a valuable addition.

jim

No comments:

Post a Comment